Tuesday, May 4, 2010

"Two Thoughts" Tuesday:#4 {Help vs. Hope}

Help says- I am in trouble; Hope says- I am "A very present help." (Psalm 46:1)

Help says- I am grieved; Hope says- I give relief from your grief... "This is my comfort in my affliction, For your word has given me life." (Psalm 71:21) Turn to "The Shepherd!" "Yea though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, For You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me." (Psalm 23:4)

Help says- I have sinned; Hope says- "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." (Romans 3:23) Lay your burdens down... "For My yoke is easy and My burden is light." (Matt. 11:30)

Help says I am guilty, "For whoever shall keep the whole law, and yet stumble in one point, he is guilty of all." (James 2:10) Hope gives- Grace, and lets you start over, again... "being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus." (Romans 3:24)

Help says- I am weak; Hope says- I am your strength... "Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities,in reproaches, in needs, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong." (2 Cor. 12:10)... Lean on Him! "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding." (Prov. 3:5)

Help says- I am sick; Hope says- have Faith, "And the prayer of faith will save the sick, and the Lord will raise him up. And if he has committed sins, he will be forgiven." (James 5:15) Hope revives! "I am afflicted very much, Revive me, O Lord, according to your word." (Psalm 119:107)

Help says- I am poor; Hope says- "Blessed are the poor in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (Luke 12:15) also states; And He said to them, "Take heed and beware of covetousness, for one's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses."
As the economy plummets; Help says, "What purpose does this serve? It says, "I can't help you- this time!" Hope says- the purpose is to relocate the roots of your; Joy in His Grace rather than in your "goods"... in His Mercy rather than in your money... in His worth rather than your wealth.

Our God of "Hope" also wants us to know... Nothing is impossible with Him. (Luke 1:37) That He who owns "the cattle on a thousand hills" (Ps. 50:10) is not limited by the economy. Don't put your Hopes on worldly prosperity, but on the One who owns it all. When all you have is Him, He is all you need! :)

Hoping-N-HIM,
JKEST - Vicki!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment