Monday, April 12, 2010

Marriage Matters Mondays #1



Everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak,and slow to anger. James 1:19







Patience vs. Anger









Love is Patient and is Kind; Love never fails.






As we begin our weekly series on Marriage, I (Vicki) find myself rather excited! First keep in mind I am completely new to computers... never even having an e-mail, til recently! How things have changed since my husband was laid-off! I have gone from a facebooker to Blogger... overnite! God is amazing! I now Pray as HE faithfully gives me the words to type,you will somehow find a nugget to take with you to better yourself,your family and Others that you may encounter thru-out your day!

For reference purposes... We are using The Love Dare 40-day & The Love Dare Day-By-Day books; as seen in; "Fireproof The Movie". The plan is to do one "Love Dare" a week from the 40-day... plus take info from the 2nd book and blog what the Lord puts on my heart. This is really to help my hubby and I actually get thru ALL 40 days once in our life! So we figured, why not take some friends along on our journey?! WARNING!!! This blog may be Life changing.... STOP Reading NOW!!! if your NOT up for change. L.O.V.E. No marriage is successful without it. Love is built on two pillars; patience and kindness. We will begin with patience. Patience is a choice. But so is anger. When we choose to remain patient during conflict, we can calm a raging storm of emotion. Patience stops anger in it's tracks! It is your choice to control your emotions,instead of letting them control you.

A lack of patience can cause a war-on the Home front. Showing patience will surely bring peace and quiet. Of course the level of Peace and Quiet depends on how many kids or Others, live in your home... which currently for us happens to be our 5 kids, plus one Other adult & 2 girls! Yes, that's 10 peoples. Patience allows faults... nobody is without them! Patience will give you the ability to hold on during the tough times in your relationship rather than bailing out under the pressure.

Anger can fuel strong feelings of hatred in a man or woman's heart. Love and patience can spark kindness in the heart. What does Love cause you to do for your mate? Would you lay down your life for them? God Himself had His only Son die for your sins. Do you fight for your marriage?! Or do you feel it's just not worth enough to fight for! Do you Pray relentlessly for your mate... Oh! How I myself fall short of this!

If Love is the fuel for your marriage, what is it lacking? What do you need to do, to make it run more smoothly? What can you do, to successfully drive it to the next level? Who? or what? is the Driver in your marriage?! If the answer isn't Jesus... I ask why not?!

Our marriages are ALL works in progress... we are all in the race together!





A Matter of the Heart lesson #1: Read the following verse and replace the words "love" or "it" with your 1st name: (1 Corinthians 13:4-7) Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, and always perseveres. Prayer: "Lord, teach me what real love is and make me a loving person!"



*Bonus: Love Dare #1*

Since words reflect the Heart... Resolve, today to show patience by, saying nothing negative, demeaning putdowns, or raised voice, to your Beloved mate, no matter what! Choose to say nothing rather than regret saying something unkind. Do this all week and share what happened next week. *Note* Unmarried?! Do this toward somebody significant in your life.

JKEST N-HIM!!!!!

Vicki





2 comments:

  1. Before I had the chance to post this, I had all my patiences tested... of course the Lord wanted to know if the teacher learned the lesson!! Most mornings my Beloved hubby makes me breakfast... this includes Chocoloffe... I usually complain about the coffee part,being too strong! Instead I warned him it was unusually strong... and watered it down like he suggested. Test failed? Next time I will just "fix" the flaw myself. OK more tests to follow... As I proceed to exit Stater Bros. I feel rain! Normally I'd complain to myself, instead I thanked MY Lord for sending the rain to water the crops of fruits and veggies I had just purchased. I also thanked Him for providing the way for us to purchase the food at all. As I proceeded to load the groceries into the back of the van, I had to manuever several large "tools," that Hubby forgot to take out. Normally, this is where I start fuming! Then I'd let him have it when I got home! How inconsiderate of him!! Instead, I chose to not let it bother me... in fact I never said a word! I didn't even have any unloving words I kept in my Heart!!! God is BIGger than our Patience or lack of... and I didn't even let it bother me when I had to redo this comment just NOW!! Guess God wanted me to say this ... not what I'd written before. JKEST Blessings..... Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really, great much needed message. God really spoke to me. I hate when I make mistakes and I don't think I always tolerate them well when my Husband makes them. I like what you said about people and patience. Well I liked everything you said in this message. Your comment was great also, It made me think today about all the things that happened and how I handled them or should I say mishandled them. I love the movie fireproof, it is one of my favorites! God bless, Sherry

    ReplyDelete